Are you looking for a way to renovate your bathroom without spending a fortune? In addition to landscaping, a bathroom is considered to be one of the most prominent features of a home, responsible for a significant amount of the overall property value. For this reason, making the decision to invest in a new bathroom renovation is worthwhile. The catch, however, is that homeowners far too often get caught out with installations they really can’t afford. In this article, we’re going to outline a few of the ways you can save money on your future bathroom renovations.
What is it That Makes a Bathroom Renovation Expensive?
Fortunately, when you understand exactly what it is that contributes to the total sum of your renovation, you can break down which of the jobs you can spend less money on without sacrificing a solid finish. Some of the key factors that influence the pricing of a bathroom renovation are:
- Your choice of servicemen
- Your choice of tiles, flooring and fixtures
- The overall size of your bathroom
- If you need to move piping or electrical circuitry
What Are a Few Ways I Can Save Money on my Bathroom Renovation?
- Retrofit, Don’t Refit – One sure way to make your bathroom renovation more expensive than it needs to be is to try to move piping and electrics. Moving the foundations of your piping and circuitry is a difficult process that requires a professional touch. Often, this also means completely restructuring your bathroom. Instead of trying to refit your bathroom, try to find ways to retrofit it instead. Instead of moving things around, try to work with what you already have in the best way possible.
- Keep it Simple, Stupid – Often times, less is more. When it comes to effective bathroom designs, you might be surprised to know that simplicity is common practice. World-renowned design styles such as Scandinavian bathroom designs are kept as simplistic as possible, putting the key focus of your bathroom on the appliances. Instead of lashing out on making things look fancy, stop to think about what it is you actually need.
- Reach out to Friends and Family – The chances are, you have someone in your peer group that has experience in handyman work. In this case, you could potentially save a fortune on the renovation. If you don’t, however, it never hurts to reach out to friends to ask if they have any connections. Although their price may not be as cheap as a close friend, saving any money you can on the installation will drastically change the total sum of the renovation.
Where Can I Find Affordable Bathroom Renovators in Queensland?
If you happen to be living in Brisbane, you’ve struck a gold mine in bathroom renovators. Companies like Complete Bathroom Renovations have a fantastic reputation for bathroom renovations Brisbane that don’t sacrifice aesthetics for affordability. Although a renovation on a budget may be more simplistic, you can rest assured knowing that the layout and design installed by these renovators will be sturdy and durable for several years to come. Get in contact with these servicemen today to see if their services are the right match for your circumstances.
Where Can I Go For More Information on Renovating a Bathroom on a Budget?
If you didn’t find what you were looking in this article, the good news is that there’s a multitude of articles and tutorials on platforms such as YouTube that can outline some DIY tricks for you to save money on your future bathroom renovation. The goal here is for you to save as much as possible on your bathroom renovation without sacrificing overall aesthetics. If you have any questions on how you could save more money on your future renovations, it never hurts to call your local services. When you give them a call, they are likely to come and inspect your property to administer a free quote for the cost of their services. If you are going to pay someone else to do the renovation for you, the trick here is to get multiple servicemen to inspect your property. This way, you can compare between quotes to find the most affordable solution for you. Renovating a bathroom is always a fantastic way to bolster the value of your property.